Monday, May 21, 2012

He Lifted Me Out

"And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child.  Now He has brought you to this place."  ~Deut. 1:31

In 69 days, I'll be getting on a plane back to the States, and this chapter of the Great Journey will be finished.  Lately I've been looking back over these two years, reflecting on the Lord's faithfulness and remembering how He cared for me all along the way.  And I stand in awe of what HE has done.  This journey hasn't been easy.  A year ago I was in such a low, dark place - discouraged, depressed and defeated.  But (praise Him!) the Lord didn't leave me there.  He met me in my mess and led me out into a place of abundance.  He has deepened my faith and increased my trust in Him.  From my state of desperation, He has taught me to be utterly dependent on Him.  He allowed me to hunger and thirst, then taught me to be satisfied only in Him.  He's shown me that He alone gives life and joy.  He's given me a hunger for His Word and a desire to follow Him, because in obedience there is abundant joy.  He has taught me the great necessity of eucharisteo... to count it all as grace and give thanks, to receive it all from His hands as a good gift that He will use for His glory.  Without that lesson I would likely still be in the pit.  But by His grace, I'm counting the gifts, learning of His faithfulness, and finding the joy that only He can give... so now even when the eucharisteo is hard, I know that it's my only possible response.  A year ago I couldn't imagine ever getting out of that low place I was in.  But my Father is greater than any circumstance I ever faced, and He has used it all to strengthen my faith and draw me closer to Himself, to refine me and teach me to cling to Him.  I stand amazed in His presence, in awe of His grace that is daily outpoured.

"I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.  He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to 
our God.  Many will see what He has done and be amazed.  
They will put their trust in the Lord."  ~Ps. 40:1-3

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Thank you, Megan. Amazing what He does in our lives! I love that you talked about reflecting on the last 2 years and remembering His faithfulness. Definitely resonated with me. I want to do that as I step into these next 2 months, absolutely confident that He will be faithful in the next 2 months just as He has been in the last 2 years. What a great God we serve!

Megan said...

Love you, Kimbo! Been thinkin of you lots lately and can't wait to see you soon and talk about all He's done! Lifting you up every day and know that He will continue to prove faithful.

Naomi said...

Meg, I teared up reading this. I'm sitting in a coffee shop here in Raleigh, and it reminds me of another coffee shop in Naga where we sat and shared Truth. I love you, and I cannot wait to see you again! Thank you for the reminder of God's goodness in dark places.