I've been back in the States for almost 15 months now... can you believe that?! Time just flies by. A good friend of mine once shared with me that God has taught her the importance of being "temporarily permanent"--being willing to put down roots wherever God has placed her for the time being (settling down, living in the moment, investing in the lives of the people around her), but always being prepared and willing to pull up those roots when He calls her to go somewhere new. Because after all, this place is not our home; our home, our security, our life are in God. I have loved being here in MS during the past year. It's been such a good, full year--a wonderful job, amazing new friends, relationships and experiences that have been such a blessing. I've put my roots down deep. But now it's time to pull up those roots and start out on this new adventure that God has called me on, and I know that He has wonderful things in store. So as I leave, I am so incredibly thankful for this year, and for the relationships that I carry with me as I go.
Please be in prayer as I finish up preparations here and leave on the 27th to begin two months of training. I'll be sending out monthly email updates, so send me your email address if you want to be added to the list. I also have prayer cards available--just send me your mailing address and I'll get one to you.
wonderful friends at my WBS farewell party
with my dad at our 4th of July dinner
1 comment:
15 months, wow! You're right, the time did pass by fast.
I like the "temporarily permanent" concept.
I am praying for you, friend, and always do even when we don't get a chance to talk often.
Post a Comment