Wednesday, July 28, 2010

And so it begins...

After a good day of travel, I made it here to Orientation yesterday afternoon. We had time to get settled in and start meeting people last night, and then hit the ground running today. Overall it's been a really good day. Full, but good. I've loved getting to know new people, strengthening existing friendships, and discovering awesome connections. The next 2 months are going to be overwhelming and intense at times, but they'll also be full of laughter and friendships and learning and growing. So I've decided it's best to take things one day at a time :)

This morning the Father gave me this verse:
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this, and see if I will not throw open the flood gates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." (Malachi 3:10)

Essentially, "Give all He asks and take all He promises." So my hope for these next 2 months is that I would surrender everything to Him and pour all I have into this time of preparation, and not settle for or pursue anything less than all of God's best--His grace, His peace, His growth, His power.

1 comment:

BethAnne said...

Meg!! I wish I was there! I am praying for you and Kristin. I know God is not only using you now but preparing you for the next 2 years to reach the lost. I love you and am so excited I get to go on this journey with you as a prayer warrior for you!!