Today marks the end of my first week in Wake Forest, NC. With the busyness of the holidays, packing and goodbyes, time flew by in a whirl wind, and before I knew it I was here. We drove up last weekend, and I'm so thankful that my parents were able to come and help me get settled in. I'm living in a great house with two roommates that's real close to campus. It's been a great week, and I've seen the Lord provide in such perfect ways. The after-school program that my roommate and neighbor work for needed a sub for a few days, so on Monday afternoon I started working... and by Wednesday they had given me the position permanently! So I'm now the 3rd/4th grade teacher for the after-school program at the lovely
Thales Academy :) I've loved getting to know the kids, and I'm more day by day about how to my job well. I also have a tutoring job opportunity that I'm praying about. I've enjoyed spending time with friends here and am looking forward to starting classes and meeting more people. Definitely taking advantage of these last few days of rest before the semester starts :) I'm so very thankful for the Lord's presence and grace, and for everyone's support and prayers as I begin this journey.
 |
| ready to drive north! |
 |
| dinner with the parents in Wake Forest |
1 comment:
Love it!
~Lindsey W.
Post a Comment