Friday, October 8, 2010

First Days

After a long trip across the Pacific, we finally made it to Manila on Wednesday! We've had two days of orientation and have enjoyed spending time in the city. Today we will drive to my language study city to get me settled in, and Lizzie will fly out to her city tomorrow.

Here are a few pictures from orientation:

me and Lizzie

Mall of Asia :)

sunset over Manila Bay

partial view of Manila from the mall

Please be praying...
- for good relationships with the family I'll be living with during language study
- for persistence in studying the language (both for me and my language teacher)
- that I will be able to learn the language quickly
- for boldness as I go out to practice language everyday
- for humility and a teachable spirit

Thank you all for your prayers, support, and encouragement!

2 comments:

The Hagens said...

so excited for you and PRAYING for you during lang study. It is such a challenging time - both physically and emotionally - but push hard through it, and you will reap the rewards of your investment! LOVE YOU!

Betsy said...

I am praying hard! I wish I was there with you! I love you!