Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sightseeing and Relief Work

Well, I've been staying busy here... every day is a new adventure. I've been spending a lot of time trying to learn the language, and am slowly coming along on that. This past Friday we took a trip to the city of Legaspi, about an hour away, to pick up the lady who is helping with Ben's speech therapy from the airport. We spent the day in Legaspi doing some sightseeing, so here are some pics from that day...






the tower of an old church next to the cafe where we ate breakfast






Mt. Mayon, the volcano in Legaspi








another old church that was destroyed when Mt. Mayon erupted in the 1800's






me with Mt. Mayon in the background



And on Saturday I went with Mikayla, Zach, and Steve to do some relief work in a village up in the mountains. We were able to distribute rice to almost 100 people. Here are some pics from that day...














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan, I miss you oh so much! Im so glad to see this webpage! Its awesome! The pictures are incredible! Thanks for the updates! its fun to hear of all the new adventure that you have! i still cant believe that you're actually there! Anyways, you are absolutely in my prayers and I hope to see/hear from you more! Love you!
katie brandon