Yesterday marked one month since I arrived back in the States. That's pure craziness. It's been a busy few weeks (more on that later), but now that life is settling into some sort of rhythm, I can get caught up on blogging :)
My last couple weeks in the Philippines were filled with final trips to the villages, last Bible studies with Cas and Dona and Juvie, visits with friends, finishing editing the recordings, visitors and Nehemiah Teams, packing, and lots of goodbyes. After 2 years full of both joy and struggle, I didn't want to leave... a testimony to the incredible redemptive power of our God. What was once foreign and frustrating had become normal and comfortable... it felt like home. He had given me the opportunity to build relationships with so many, walking alongside them and watching Him work in their lives. The goodbyes broke my heart. But God reminded me that the only way I could say goodbye was to trust HIM... the One who knows my heart, pours out His strength each day, and holds both me and my friends in His hands. He is faithful, and He is more than enough. I will miss being a part of their daily lives, but I know that the Lord will never leave or forsake them. I can trust in His love. As Paul told the elders of the Ephesus church before He went to Jerusalem: "And now I entrust you to God and the message of His grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those He has set apart for Himself." He's allowed me to see His hand at work, redeeming His Creation and growing His Kingdom. And He has promised that He will complete the work He began. And so I will continue to pray from afar that the Agta will hear and understand the Good News, that the Father would establish His Church among the Agta and that the Church would multiply across Bicol.
Above all, I'm thankful. Thankful for the opportunity to serve in the Philippines. Thankful that the Lord's power works in my weakness. Thankful that He is still at work. And thankful that He's with me wherever I go.
Here's some pictures from my last couple of weeks:
 |
| dinner with Annie & Sarah |
 |
| final Bible study with Cas |
 |
| grand opening of the new McDo with Naomi |
 |
| Ate Ida |
 |
| Pulay |
 |
| picnic in the park with the kids :) |
 |
| Mikayla :) |
 |
| sweet times with one of my favorite families |
 |
| hearing Pacdal share his testimony |
 |
| spending time with Dona & Juvie |
 |
| Levita & Vilma |
 |
| one last trip to Caranday |
 |
| a sweet visit with Lola Consing |
 |
| fun adventures and good conversations with Dona |
 |
| lunch with Beth |
 |
| one farewell party of many |
 |
| Angel |
 |
| Dhomz & Nikki |
No comments:
Post a Comment