Thursday, October 6, 2011

One Year

It's hard to believe that one year ago, Lizzie and I landed in Manila and began this crazy adventure that we call life in the Philippines. The journey has been full ups and downs, but I'm full of joy and thanksgiving to my Father for all that He has taught me and allowed me to experience. He has been with me through so much, empowered me to do things I never thought possible, and has been working to shape me into a vessel for His purposes and glory. I cherish the people I've met--those I've poured into and those who have poured into me. I'm so thankful that He chooses to use us and allows us to be a part of His global work.

Here's a brief recap of His blessings this year:
- studying language in Lipa
- settling into life in Naga
- reconnecting with old friends
- building new friendships
- welcoming 4 units of Bogkalot m's to Bicol
- sharing His Truth with those who haven't heard
- discipling believers
- turning 25
- going home for my sister's wedding & to meet my new cousin
- supervising 2 teams of American student volunteers
- helping train and equip national workers

No comments: