Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Halfway There

"Blessed are those whose strength is in You,
whose hearts are set on pilgrimage."
Psalm 84:5

It's crazy to think that it was a year ago today that I started training. Some days it seems like the year has flown by, but other days it feels like I've been here forever. It's been such a full year--I've been blessed with so many beautiful relationships, grown and learned so much, and received grace upon grace. It hasn't been easy... God has brought me to the end of myself and stripped me of so many things that bring comfort. But He has poured out so much grace, and His presence has become the most precious thing to me. I'm so thankful for the things He is teaching me, the experiences He's given me, and the ways I've been able to see His hand at work and participate in that work. Here's a few of the main things He has been teaching me this past year and is continuing to teach me:

- Prayer is powerful, and it is a gift.
- God is enough. He alone can satisfy.
- His Word is Truth, it is powerful, and it nourishes the soul.
- Complete dependence on Him for all things.
- God's constant presence with us brings peace, comfort, joy, hope, strength & freedom from fear.
- Coming before God with thanksgiving, receiving everything as a gift from Him.
- Growth is the fruit of obedience.
- Humility.
- The beauty of the fellowship of the Body of Christ.
- Being content to dwell with God wherever He places me.

I recently saw this quote from one of my favorite musicians, Ross King: "Most of my struggles with Jesus come from me asking Him for bread, and Him telling me that He IS the bread." He is faithful to give us the bread we need for each day... He gives us Himself... He is ALL we need. I'm so thankful for this gift of being able to walk with my Savior day by day and make His Truth known to others. Here's to another year of learning about His sufficiency and abiding in Him. I can't wait to see what He will do!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Great post, friend! I love that Ross King quote. I'm going to copy it down on a notecard and keep it with me, because it's such a great--and true--reminder. I'm so proud of you for being obedient to the Lord's call upon your life. You are constantly in my prayers, and I absolutely cannot wait to come and visit!!!! I love you Meg!